Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Tacos!!! Mmm!

Last Thursday was an easy night for me!  I made tacos and taco salad for my dad and me.  They were so tasty and so easy.  Julia Child would have none of what we did because it was just TOO easy!  Haha! 

For the Taco Meat, this is what I used:
1 lb of ground beef
1/4 cup Taco Seasoning
1/4 cup water (because I drain the fat, and dry the meat with a paper towel to remove any excess fat)
Dried onions- not quite 1/4 cup, depending on your preference

For the taco salad....the MOST divine taco salad that I always absolutely STUFF myself with:
*Lettuce...obviously!
*Sliced Red Peppers 
*Cucumbers
*Beef
*Avocados (ONLY if my mom was eating with us, because the look of avocados repulse me and my dad)
*Grated Cheese
*Homemade Thousand Island Dressing- I'd love for my mom to get me this recipe, but being the genius chef that she is, she improvs it all!
*And Chilli Cheese Fritos

I guarantee that if you make this taco salad, you'll finish EVERY last bit of it!  To put it simply...it's easy and quick to make.  It's delicious.  So what are you waiting for...go make some!! 

Maybe someday I can squeeze the recipe out of my mom and share it with everyone.  Credits, of course, will all be given to Judy Enns' Catering! ; )

1 comment:

  1. mmm..we had some of this taco salad with some of Amy's renditions made of course, but it was delicious all the same! it is now in my recipe book and will definitely be making it into my regular rotation. oh how I'd love to try it with the thousand island ;)

    ReplyDelete